What Is Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- Getting Started with Management of OSA? Well, Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a disorder that is characterized by obstructive apneas and hypopneas, due to repetitive collapse of the upper airway during sleep. It is the COMMON sleep-related breathing disorder.
- OSA occurs when the muscles supporting the soft tissues in your throat, such as your tongue and soft palate, relax. This causes your airway to narrow or maybe close, momentarily severing off your breathing. Obstructive Sleep Apnea is seen most common among middle aged males, but it can affect anyone, including children.
- The common symptoms are- loud snoring, feeling tired sleepy in the day, choking in sleep, and morning headaches, dryness of throat.
- If OSA is left untreated especially in the case of those with severe OSA, it can cause serious adverse affects on health -,metabolic dysfunction, and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease , stroke, memory impairment and sudden death .
About our program:
The goal of our program is to train physicians to manage OSA & further enhance their knowledge in sleep medicine. This is accomplished through intensive learnings on sleep apnea & related surgical and clinical procedures.
You can expect to gain on the following by end of this program:
- Understand sleep and differentiate common sleep disorders
- Differentiate OSA and types of sleep disordered breathing (OHS)
- PAP therapy – when and how to use?
- Confident in selecting the right surgery for the right patient.
- Learn how to do Comprehensive Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Understand Sleep and Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea: Yes or No?
- Defining the Severity of the Problem
- Treatment of OSA-Non surgical
- Treatment of OSA-Surgical
- End Points in OSA Treatment
This course unlike other Sleep Medicine Courses In India not only includes know how to do OSA Treatment but also helps to improve your insights and skills to implement industry-based practice.
Why to opt for our Certification Course in ENT Sleep Medicine?
Sleep Medicine Institute offers a wide variety of educational opportunities. Our dedicated faculty is committed to improving the knowledge in a supportive, collaborative, and respectful environment. We aim to equip our students with the skills to integrate seamlessly into the ever-changing landscape of healthcare which helps them stay up to date in their industry.
The Online ENT Sleep Medicine Course in India offered by us is unique, and covers many lectures in sleep medicine, an area (to overcome the most common roadblocks in sleep medicine practice for Comprehensive Management of OSA) that is not usually a focus in other Courses In ENT Sleep Medicine and training.
Serving as the best Academy Of Sleep Medicine, and a strong backbone to our enrollees, in helping them acquire intricate knowledge and development in the ENT sleep medicine space, with our Certification Course In ENT Sleep Medicine not only gets them started on an exciting journey into treating patients with Management of OSA, but also makes them capable of prescribing oral appliances to patients.